- Moving Stores Off Volusion
- Volusion Support Response Times Increase. Result of layoffs?
- Feeling Limited by Volusion's Native Followup Email System?
- 50 Tips To Increase eCommerce Sales Conversion
- BigCommerce is now PCI Complaint
- Drop Shipping Deadend
- 3DCart Moves to the Head of the Pack
- Preventing Failed AVS Fund Holds for Debit Card and Check Cards
- Join Our Merchant To Merchant Forum!
- Link Building For Your Store Brain Dump
Hosted Cart Solutions vs. Do-It- Yourself (DIY) Shopping Carts
If you planning on launching an online store, you’ll need a shopping cart. When it comes to shopping cart solutions, you basically have two choices; a hosted shopping cart solution or using a do-it-yourself solution. How do you decide which type of solution to use for your online store? Here’s some pointers.
Hosted cart solutions provided you with everything you need to open an online store (minus a merchant account). This includes hosting, software, updated and security. Examples of hosted shopping carts include the following:
CubeCart – Modular PHP e-Commerce Solution
Are you considering hosting your own PHP store but need a solution with commercial backing and some sort of support? Then CubeCart deserves a look. This UK based company offers their solution for $69.95. You find the hosting and install the solution. The process is very similar to setting up Zen Cart or X-cart. It modular structure reminds me of setting up this blog with Drupal (I can’t say enough good things about Drupal by the way). You install the core platform and then can pick and choose add-on modules to increase the available features.