- Moving Stores Off Volusion
- Volusion Support Response Times Increase. Result of layoffs?
- Feeling Limited by Volusion's Native Followup Email System?
- 50 Tips To Increase eCommerce Sales Conversion
- BigCommerce is now PCI Complaint
- Drop Shipping Deadend
- 3DCart Moves to the Head of the Pack
- Preventing Failed AVS Fund Holds for Debit Card and Check Cards
- Join Our Merchant To Merchant Forum!
- Link Building For Your Store Brain Dump
AJAX offers a huge leap in functionality for an online store. By dynamically inserting information into the page without the need to click, AJAX can make the shipping and checkout process a lot smoother from the customer perspective. This smoother transaction process can improve your store’s conversion rate and reduce load on your support line. AJAX is also great at rendering store data on the back end too (as 3dCart’s shopping cart solution proves). As with all new web technologies, a merchant must factor in any impact the technology will have on SEO (search engine optimization). Why? Any gains in an increased conversion rate can quickly be negated by loosing ranking in SERPs (search engine result pages).
Ever wonder what large e-commerce retailers use for a shopping cart solution? Do they build their e-commerce solution in-house or outsource? Do their CIO’s go through the same process of researching and selecting a cart solution that us little guys go through? You betcha.
They fish in a much larger pond than micro/small e-commerce operations and the solutions available to them blow many of the hosted shopping cart solutions that we know and love right out of the water. Take for instance Demandware.
Demandware has an impressive client list that includes Playboy and Vermont Teddy Bear. Even more impressive is their solution. Features include an AJAX shopping cart, highly evolved merchandising ability and a robust checkout system that can include incentives and offers for upselling. Oh and did I mention they offer AN AJAX SHOPPING CART?!!?